Unable to connect to Domain controller error

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

When I try to move a member server from one domain to another, I recieve the following error "Unable to connect to Domain controller for this domain". Both are NT 4 domains. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Dave

Make sure the member server is pointing towards your name
server assuming you are running WINS. Next attempt to join
the domain and immediately after the join process open a dos
prompt and run nbtstat -c. Verify the domain name 1b and 1c names
are in the cache without conflict along with at least computer names
00, 03, and 20 pointing towards the PDC of your domain.