[SOLVED] Unable to connect to my wireless 5ghz network.

ayylmao123

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
Hi
I am unable to connect to my 5ghz network. My router provides me with two wireless options. 2.4 and 5 ghz. I am able to seamlessly connect to the 2.4 ghz network. After a little while of loading, i type in the password to get in to the 5ghz and it says i am unable to connect to this network.
At first i was unable to even detect this 5ghz network within my options, but after reseting my router i can detect it, but not connect.

I have checked in cmd and looked after tutorials.
-Yes my pc supports 5ghz
-My wifi card is 2.4/5ghz supportive
-I have the latest drivers
-I have enabled the required 802.11 channels
-I have reset both router and pc
-My phone and other device is able to connect to this network while in the same room, so it is not a range issue.

Any help is appreciated

Windows 10 v 1909
ASUS PCE-N53 300Mbps 11n dual band Wireless PCI-E card

Solution
I am unable to choose exactly 40 in width. My choices are: "20/40/80Mhz", "20/40Mhz Lower", "20/40Mhz Upper" or "20Mhz".
Which one should i use?
Which setting do i select on my card as in which country region? is 36-140 the one?. I have a lot of options there.
Start with 20/40 (upper or lower are equivalent). That is the safest option to start. You don't have to change anything on your card. It will use the settings defined by the router.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi
I am unable to connect to my 5ghz network. My router provides me with two wireless options. 2.4 and 5 ghz. I am able to seamlessly connect to the 2.4 ghz network. After a little while of loading, i type in the password to get in to the 5ghz and it says i am unable to connect to this network.
At first i was unable to even detect this 5ghz network within my options, but after reseting my router i can detect it, but not connect.

I have checked in cmd and looked after tutorials.
-Yes my pc supports 5ghz
-My wifi card is 2.4/5ghz supportive
-I have the latest drivers
-I have enabled the required 802.11 channels
-I have reset both router and pc
-My phone and other device is able to connect to this network while in the same room, so it is not a range issue.

Any help is appreciated

Windows 10 v 1909
ASUS PCE-N53 300Mbps 11n dual band Wireless PCI-E card
The allowed channels is different for different countries. Start by manually assigning your 5Ghz to channel 36 or 40. Those channels are available in all countries. Set your channel width to 40Mhz. The driver for that wireless card may have a limited set of allowed channels so that it will work in all countries.

ayylmao123

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
The allowed channels is different for different countries. Start by manually assigning your 5Ghz to channel 36 or 40. Those channels are available in all countries. Set your channel width to 40Mhz. The driver for that wireless card may have a limited set of allowed channels so that it will work in all countries.
So i change the channel width to 40 mhz in my router settings? or in my pc?

ayylmao123

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
I am unable to choose exactly 40 in width. My choices are: "20/40/80Mhz", "20/40Mhz Lower", "20/40Mhz Upper" or "20Mhz".
Which one should i use?
Which setting do i select on my card as in which country region? is 36-140 the one?. I have a lot of options there.

kanewolf

Titan
Which one should i use?
Start with 20/40 (upper or lower are equivalent). That is the safest option to start. You don't have to change anything on your card. It will use the settings defined by the router.

Solution