Unable to connect to Terminal Server

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I'm experiencing a problem with logging into Terminal Server.

I have set up Terminal Server up on both my desktop and my laptop,
which both run Windows XP Professional. When I look in the
administration interface for services, TS appears to be
running. Besides, I checked the checkbox "Allow users to connect via
remote desktop to this computer" (The translation may not be accurate
- I have a Danish XP Pro version) in the grouping "Remote desktop"
under the tab "Remote connection" in the dialog "System
properties". In the same grouping as this checkbox I pressed the
button "Select remote users..." and selected two users on the system,
I wanted to allow remote connections for.

When I try to connect to both the local system, and the "other"
system, I am told that no Terminal Server is running in the
workgroup. Of course I checked the name of the workgroup on both
systems.

What should I look for, to find the cause of this error?

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
David List

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

what XP version of service pack are you running?
Open a cmd.exe shell, type qwinsta.exe. What is the output?

"David List" <david@davidlist.dk> wrote in message
> I'm experiencing a problem with logging into Terminal Server.
>
> I have set up Terminal Server up on both my desktop and my laptop,
> which both run Windows XP Professional. When I look in the
> administration interface for services, TS appears to be
> running. Besides, I checked the checkbox "Allow users to connect via
> remote desktop to this computer" (The translation may not be accurate
> - I have a Danish XP Pro version) in the grouping "Remote desktop"
> under the tab "Remote connection" in the dialog "System
> properties". In the same grouping as this checkbox I pressed the
> button "Select remote users..." and selected two users on the system,
> I wanted to allow remote connections for.
>
> When I try to connect to both the local system, and the "other"
> system, I am told that no Terminal Server is running in the
> workgroup. Of course I checked the name of the workgroup on both
> systems.
>
> What should I look for, to find the cause of this error?
>
> --
> Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
> David List

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

On Mon, 24 May 2004 09:14:56 -0700,
Soo Kuan Teo [MS] <sookuant@online.microsoft.com>
wrote in <ugvb1oaQEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>:
> what XP version of service pack are you running?
> Open a cmd.exe shell, type qwinsta.exe. What is the output?

I'm running XP Professional (version 2002) Service Pack 1.

The output from your suggested command can be seen here:
http://www.initio.dk/png/output.png