Question Unable to connect to wi-fi

Feb 16, 2019
I recently bought an ASUS USB N10 Nano wifi adapter and it doesn't seem to work.
When I try to connect to the internet on my pc, it sometimes says "Connected, secured" but it still doesn't work. Sometimes it just shows the wifi symbol and a cross on it, no available networks.
I tried everything, driver uldate, modem and router restart, running ncpa.cpl, deleting older adapter drivers, I don't know if it's my modem or the adapter, but the "Link" light on the modem is always blinking in orange, and all of the router's lights are conatantly blinking too, but there is wifi on mobiles and laptops, so I don't understand the problem. Could anybody help, please?

Listing what model router you have and where it is located in the residence may also be helpful.

Some troubleshooting I have done with adapters that can't connect:

1 - If you have an android phone or tablet available, download the WiFi analyzer app it is extremely helpful to see if there is any interference and/or strength in different locations at your residence.

2 - if your cell phone / mobile has a hotspot feature on your plan, enable it and try to connect with the adapter.

3 - log into your router, and TEMPORARILY remove the WPA2 encryption (hopefully you are using WPA2 by defult) on the 2.5 ghz channel, and see if it can connect - then reinstate WPA2 asap.

4 - log into your router, and TEMPORARILY remove the WPA2 encryption (hopefully you are using WPA2 by defult) on the 2.5 ghz channel, try the old WEP encryption and see if it can connect - then reinstate WPA2 asap.

4 - if a laptop is available, disable the internal WIFI and use this adapter and try different locations. Compare to the Wifi Analyzer app on your android phone / tablet at the same locations.

5 - Using the above laptop, bring to a public WiFi hotspot like McDonalds, Starbucks, etc and see if you can connect.

6 - check to see if your router has a firmware upgrade available, if so install it and retry.

TRENDING THREADS