Question Unable to connect to wifi

cameronmaddams

Honorable
Dec 9, 2017
hi, I am unable to connect to our home WIFI on either mine or my mothers desktop pc. when i open the WIFI settings on either desktop it shows up my neighbours networks but not ours. other devices connect via WIFI and work flawlessly. these desktops work fine when connect via lan cable. have bought and tested multiple different WIFI adapters with no luck. I'm quite handy when it comes to technology but this has me stumped. Cheers.

kanewolf

Titan
hi, I am unable to connect to our home WIFI on either mine or my mothers desktop pc. when i open the WIFI settings on either desktop it shows up my neighbours networks but not ours. other devices connect via WIFI and work flawlessly. these desktops work fine when connect via lan cable. have bought and tested multiple different WIFI adapters with no luck. I'm quite handy when it comes to technology but this has me stumped. Cheers.
It is possible that the WIFI router has picked a channel that your PC doesn't recognize (the allowed channels are different in different countries). SO go into the user interface on the router and manually set the channel to 1, 6, or 11 for 2.4Ghz with 20Mhz channel width. Set the 5Ghz to a channel less than 50 with 40Mhz channel width. Those are the most universal settings. Channel selection of "AUTO" could allow channels that your PC doesn't accept.
Also make sure your WIFI name doesn't have any special characters, and that you have "broadcast SSID" enabled.
Make sure you have WPA2 enabled (some WIFI won't connect to older security protocols).