Unable to create a bootable Win7 USB.

BlazeTamashi

Commendable
Oct 3, 2016
Hello.

I've been trying for the past 2 days to make first a win10 bootable USB with both Rufus and windows USB DVD tool, it didn't work as after Rufus finished, the USB stick was corrupted.
So I installed win10 with the update tool ( very bad move though for a very old laptop ).
Now, on windows 10, it does the same thing and I don't really know how to go back on Windows 7.

Rufus and the other program, both right after they finish, ends up corrupting my USB stick.

USB has no errors/damaged sectors when I check it ( after I format to make it usable... ) .
No clue what to do, I was thinking on a damaged ISO, but I downloaded another one with Ethernet plugged in on a stable 100mbps connection, same thing.
Please help, windows 10 is too slow on older laptops, and I would like to get back to Windows 7.

wpgwpg

Dignified
Download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and run it. It will ask you whether you want to create installation media for USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO. Click that option, then click Next twice, then click USB flash drive.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013

Your question specifically spoke about trying to create a Win 10 install. Not Win 7.

How are you trying to create a Win 7 install?
Specific steps you've tried.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS