Question Unable to delete a folder

Sonofcycle

Honorable
Dec 16, 2016
Hello,

So I downloaded something and it created a folder. I drag/dropped that folder into another location after the download was complete, using the 'move' option instead of 'copy', but I flubbered my mouse-click. The process completed, but now I'm left with a copy of the original file location. I don't exactly know what happened here.

I was able to delete the contents of that original folder, but a right-click on that folder offers no option to delete.

I've tried to right-click move it to the recycle bin but it won't let me do that. I also tried to delete the folder in an admin CMD prompt. It accepted the command without any response (as if it worked, as DOS tends to do) - but the folder remains. It's as if the folder quasi-exists... it's visible but I can't do anything with it as if something in Windows 10 needs to refresh for it do disappear and hasn't.

Anyone know what's going on?! I'm kind of OCD when it comes to this kind of thing in Windows and want to fix it. Ty!!

Last edited:

Sonofcycle

Honorable
Dec 16, 2016
Ty for replying... I figured it out, I had meant to drag/drop in a folder in my quick access bar but missed and dropped it next to the folder instead, thereby pinning it. Wasn't quite sober enough last night to realize what I'd done, though I wasn't able to unpin it this morning... I had to delete the original folder first to get it to go away. The unpin option was there but clicking it wasn't removing it. Weird, because I was able to unpin other items from the list.