Unable to delete registry keys for long since gone printer

Robert

I no longer have a Brother printer attached to my computer yet there are
probably 50 registry keys associated with the printer. The printer has been
removed from the control panel but I am unable to remove the registry keys
(Unable to delete...An error has occurred or something like that). How do I
get rid of this clutter?
thanks
rtm

---

"Robert" <me@telus.net> wrote:

>I no longer have a Brother printer attached to my computer yet there are
>probably 50 registry keys associated with the printer. The printer has been
>removed from the control panel but I am unable to remove the registry keys
>(Unable to delete...An error has occurred or something like that). How do I
>get rid of this clutter?

You may not have permission to remove the entries. At first, restart
Windows to make sure that the printer is deinstalled. Then retry. If
this does not help, highlight the entry and click Edit > Permissions
in the Registry Editor. Check that you have the necessary rights to
edit the Registry at this point.

--
(tm)

Robert

Many thanks, that did it.
rtm
"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Robert" <me@telus.net> wrote:
>
>>I no longer have a Brother printer attached to my computer yet there are
>>probably 50 registry keys associated with the printer. The printer has
>>been
>>removed from the control panel but I am unable to remove the registry keys
>>(Unable to delete...An error has occurred or something like that). How do
>>get rid of this clutter?
>
> You may not have permission to remove the entries. At first, restart
> Windows to make sure that the printer is deinstalled. Then retry. If
> this does not help, highlight the entry and click Edit > Permissions
> in the Registry Editor. Check that you have the necessary rights to
> edit the Registry at this point.
>
> --
> (tm)

---