Question Unable to disconnect Alienware Amplifier from desktop

Jun 6, 2019
A friend from work gave me his old desktop to replace my 8 year old Gateway. It's an Alienware X51 R3. Intel i7 3.4ghz 8gb Ram Win10 Home. It came with 2 video cards; a GTX 980Ti in an Alienware amplifier, and a GTX 970 in the desktop. After a while, I realized this was not practical for me. The 970 is a 4gb card, the 980 a 2gb card and it was just a hassle to have to choose what card to use when I was playing a game to see which was better. I think it just got the 980Ti in the amplifier for the 4K/oculus support. Anyway, I decided to just use the 970 in the desktop, saving space, power, cables, etc. According to the Dell website, all I had to do was turn of the PC, wait for the lights on the cables to turn off, and unplug them. I did this. But when I turn the PC back on, I immediately get a message to plug them back in for system stability or press the 'S' key to shutdown the computer. I found no other info online about disconnecting the amplifier. So right now, the cable connecting the amplifier and the PC is plugged in, nothing else. No power cord, nothing to the monitor.