unable to download newer version of win. messenger

I am trying to open and use windows messenger (I am new to this application).
The system advises a newer version is available...I must install this to
continue...Y or N. Selecting Y another window advises me to close MS
applications I do not have open (powerpoint etc.) I cant close explorer
because I need this to download, i think..am I off the rails...how can I
upgrade to ver 5 or 6?? --
Regards.... Victor

Greetings Victor,
,
Download the latest version from the below link, simply save it to your Desktop and run the
setup from there:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Victor Mower" <VictorMower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to open and use windows messenger (I am new to this application).
> The system advises a newer version is available...I must install this to
> continue...Y or N. Selecting Y another window advises me to close MS
> applications I do not have open (powerpoint etc.) I cant close explorer
> because I need this to download, i think..am I off the rails...how can I
> upgrade to ver 5 or 6?? --
> Regards.... Victor

Jonathan..Thanks for the help. Excellent result.

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Victor,
> ,
> Download the latest version from the below link, simply save it to your Desktop and run the
> setup from there:
> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Victor Mower" <VictorMower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to open and use windows messenger (I am new to this application).
> > The system advises a newer version is available...I must install this to
> > continue...Y or N. Selecting Y another window advises me to close MS
> > applications I do not have open (powerpoint etc.) I cant close explorer
> > because I need this to download, i think..am I off the rails...how can I
> > upgrade to ver 5 or 6?? --
> > Regards.... Victor

Hi Victor,

Glad to hear it =)

> Jonathan..Thanks for the help. Excellent result.
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Greetings Victor,
>> ,
>> Download the latest version from the below link, simply save it to your Desktop and run
>> the
>> setup from there:
>> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>>
>> "Victor Mower" <VictorMower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to open and use windows messenger (I am new to this application).
>> > The system advises a newer version is available...I must install this to
>> > continue...Y or N. Selecting Y another window advises me to close MS
>> > applications I do not have open (powerpoint etc.) I cant close explorer
>> > because I need this to download, i think..am I off the rails...how can I
>> > upgrade to ver 5 or 6?? --
>> > Regards.... Victor

TRENDING THREADS