Question Unable to figure out FPS issues.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 30, 2020
For the last week or so, I have had FPS drops in Modern Warfare and Apex legends.

Apex is installed in a 4 TB HDD
Modern Warfare on a 500GB SSD

When playing Apex, the FPS drops are random, walking, mid gunfight, or even in my inventory.
When playing Modern Warfare, the FPS drops happen in regular MP usually in a gunfight. But when in the Warzone Battle Royale, I get FPS drops walking, running, looting, aiming in sniper scopes, getting in and out of vehicles, and most of the time when I am mid Combat. I have not noticed these drops on any other games atm.

I updated to the latest Nvidia Drivers just yesterday, but the problems have been going on for upto 8 days BEFORE I updated. Nothing else has happened except a minor security update for windows. I checked my error logs and nothing came up from Intel, Nvidia, or anything related to grapics. There is however a good amount of errors saying unexpected disconnect of Disk 3 and Disk 4. I do not have a Disk 3 or 4 and nothing else has been plugged into the PC except the controller, always in the same port.

I have checked forums for both games, and the nvidia forums but have not come up with anything concrete as to why I am getting these kinds of FPS drops.
There is talk about issues with 2070s and 2080s, but nothing major like my issues. Mostly complaints of just under 100 FPS. I am getting full DIPS from 120 FPS to 30 fps, and sometimes worse.

If there is any help or suggestions I can get I would greatly appreciate it.

Btw, I have done scan and repair on both games and fully reinstalled Modern Warfare once already.

My specs are

16gb Ram
Intel I7-9700K CPU 3.60GHz
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070

500GB SSD
4TB HDD
6TB HDD

Someone suggested BIOS update but I am not sure how to do that exactly or if it is even needed. This PC was bought 2 months ago, and is under warranty.

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
43-44 degrees on CPU idle & 50 degrees on idle in GPU is absolutely normal during summer hot days. My CPU and GPU have exact same temps with Arctic Freezer 34 eSports cooler for i7 3770k & Gigabyte GTX 1070 g1 gaming card in this summer and I don't have FPS drops. Even CPU at 80 degrees shouldn't throttle. However reaching 100 degrees on load isn't normal. I don't know what cooler you have OP, but probably it's time to change it and get something decent.

Ferimer

Distinguished
43-44 degrees on CPU idle & 50 degrees on idle in GPU is absolutely normal during summer hot days. My CPU and GPU have exact same temps with Arctic Freezer 34 eSports cooler for i7 3770k & Gigabyte GTX 1070 g1 gaming card in this summer and I don't have FPS drops. Even CPU at 80 degrees shouldn't throttle. However reaching 100 degrees on load isn't normal. I don't know what cooler you have OP, but probably it's time to change it and get something decent.
I based the fact that he mentioned he is in a "pretty chill" room. It would be normal if he was in a room that was also say 30 degrees but to me "pretty chill" means 18 or 19 degrees celsius. Which is nice and chill and on idle shouldn't be getting that high.