[SOLVED] Unable to find boot device

EBarratt

Commendable
Dec 28, 2020
Just changed out my motherboard from an MSI A320M PRO M2 to a B450 STEEL LEGEND.

Upon booting, I get the error message “Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key”

When I go into the BIOS it says that there is an available SSD, which is where the boot up is stored. However, when I click it it shows the same message. Any help? SSD message

EBarratt

Commendable
Dec 28, 2020
Just so that you're aware, a motherboard change often requires a full OS reinstall.

But....what specific drives are/were in the old system?

I’m using a 1tb hard drive as well as a 1tb SSD, with the 1tb SSD having the OS installed. Both are currently plugged into the motherboard, and the SSD shows up in the BIOS for available booting.
Everything else works fine, the motherboard lights do turn on without the PC turned on but I believe that’s an unrelated issue/setting that can be turned off.

USAFRet

Titan
I’m using a 1tb hard drive as well as a 1tb SSD, with the 1tb SSD having the OS installed. Both are currently plugged into the motherboard, and the SSD shows up in the BIOS for available booting.
Everything else works fine, the motherboard lights do turn on without the PC turned on but I believe that’s an unrelated issue/setting that can be turned off.
What "1TB SSD"?

NVMe, SATA, M.2.......
Make/model, please.

EBarratt

Commendable
Dec 28, 2020
I suppose HDD has no system on it, so when you select it as boot device it just fails and go back to same screen. Check if your BIOS actually sees both drives first.
In the Storage Devices list it only shows the SATA HDD, not the SSD. The SSD looks like it’s secured to the motherboard fine, so i’m honestly not sure why it isn’t being detected.

Let me know if you see anything wrong with how they’re plugged in.
View: https://imgur.com/a/AkYoefn