[SOLVED] Unable to find compatible ram for x570 pro + r7 2700

Jan 29, 2022
Asus prime x570 pro
Ryzen 7 2700

So I’m helping out a friend with his build. Pc would only boot with one stick of ram ( corsair vengeance lpx 2x8gb 3000MHz kit ) and would refuse to boot with both in no matter what, swapping sticks and trying every combination didn’t help so I assumed he had non compatible ram for his set up so I tried another set ( corsair vengeance pro 2x8gb 3200MHz kit ). I again thought it was incompatible so I tried looking at the qvl list at the product page for the motherboard and I could only find “Memory QVL for 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors_X570”. I don’t know if this is the right list I should be looking at or not since it says “with radeon vega graphics”.

Anyone know for sure a 2x8gb 3200MHz kit that would work with this set up?

Jan 29, 2022
Default DDR4 voltage is 1.2V. Disable A-XMP.
Set voltage manually to 1.35V. Then add second ram module.
Use ram slots A2 and B2 (grey color).
I set the voltage manually to 1.35, and disabled the “profile#1” which i think was the xmp since when I went on to search it I couldn’t find it. After putting in the second one It turns on and off 3 times and after the third time it stays on but nothing shows on the screen, the graphics card light that’s on the side stays off too.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS