[SOLVED] Unable to find compatible ram for x570 pro + r7 2700

Jan 29, 2022
Asus prime x570 pro
Ryzen 7 2700

So I’m helping out a friend with his build. Pc would only boot with one stick of ram ( corsair vengeance lpx 2x8gb 3000MHz kit ) and would refuse to boot with both in no matter what, swapping sticks and trying every combination didn’t help so I assumed he had non compatible ram for his set up so I tried another set ( corsair vengeance pro 2x8gb 3200MHz kit ). I again thought it was incompatible so I tried looking at the qvl list at the product page for the motherboard and I could only find “Memory QVL for 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors_X570”. I don’t know if this is the right list I should be looking at or not since it says “with radeon vega graphics”.

Anyone know for sure a 2x8gb 3200MHz kit that would work with this set up?

Jan 29, 2022
Default DDR4 voltage is 1.2V. Disable A-XMP.
Set voltage manually to 1.35V. Then add second ram module.
Use ram slots A2 and B2 (grey color).
I set the voltage manually to 1.35, and disabled the “profile#1” which i think was the xmp since when I went on to search it I couldn’t find it. After putting in the second one It turns on and off 3 times and after the third time it stays on but nothing shows on the screen, the graphics card light that’s on the side stays off too.