Unable to fomat CD-RW in InCD

G

Hello, I have a QPS 24x10x40x CD-RW with Nero 5.5. The CD-RW is on IDE2 as master all by itself. I have no problem making copies of CD and custom music CD with CD-R or CD-RW. My problem occur when I try to format a CD-RW with InCD. It always give me this error message regardless of what speed I use and what brand of CD-RW I use. Any help would be appreciated.
Error code: 00a8-0005-002c-0000
Details: Illegal Request error occurred
Reboot your system or drive and try again.
Insert a new disc.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
try turning DMA for the writer on or off

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my north AND south bridges for trolls</font color=blue>

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
if you have the intel app accelerator or the ultra ata storage drivers installed , uninstall it and try you can always reinstall them afterward .. I had to do this to use clonecd with my yamaha 16x 2100ez

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my north AND south bridges for trolls</font color=blue>

G

I don't have any intel app accelerator but I do have the highpoint ata storage drivers install. I updated to the latest version of Nero and InCD on Ahead's website and it still give me the same error message. I also notice that whenever I use Nero to burn a CD-RW rated at 10x, it always give me the "medium speed error" messages. I could only burn 4x CD-RW at 2x with no problem. So those bunch of 10x CD-RW I bought is useless.

Here are system spec:
AMD Athlon XP 1700+
Abit KR7A-Raid with 6N bios
2x256MB Crucial PC2100 RAM
16x DVD-ROM as master on IDE1
QPS 24x10x40x as master on IDE2
2xMaxtor AT133 as Raid O on IDE3&4
PNY GeForce3 Ti200
Audigy Gamer

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
did you ever or do you currently have roxio's directcd or cd creator installed too ?? if so remove it completely and clean all the registry entries .. beyond that I am out of ideas at this point ..

lagger

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS