Unable to format from cmd

nenokmagic

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015
Hello.

I find myself in some computer problems, as I'm attempting to format my computer. Though I have been unable to do so for the following reasons.

* Each time I put a flash-drive with Windows within it in order to format and re-setup my windows 7, my USB flash-drive becomes locked (Attempted with two USB's).
* Unable to format my USB flash-drive for it has become locked.
* NTFS Hard Drive has become partition 0 there by becoming primary even though it is empty.

Started with my computer external hard-drive got a corrupted file, crashing my computer (Blue Screen of death), there after locking my external hard-drive. Becoming a primary partition and unable to clean/format and open. Able to unlock external hard-drive by going through security measures. USB's do not have any such options there by, I'm now lost.

Please help.

nenokmagic

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015
Ohh I figured it out, I was able to use another USB drive. Third time's the charm, there after I had to install my windows using cmd. In order to unlock it for it didn't want to format even then, but I was able to use the cmd there and then, which solved my problem.

Thanks everyone that look at this for me!

TRENDING THREADS