[SOLVED] Unable to forward any ports including common ports. ie 80, 443

andynov123

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
I'm having issues with my router handling ports. Currently I have a freshly wiped Win 10 OS. I also wiped the modem/router all-in-one as well so all settings are default. It was working with no issues, but then randomly stopped working.
I port forwarded 7870 in router settings and opened it to incoming and outcoming on windows firewall, but it still comes up as closed. All ports are closed when using http://www.canyouseeme.org/. It says port 80, 443, 21, 23 are closed too. Everything is closed. I disabled the windows firewall and also the router firewall and still no ports can be seen. I'm guessing the ports aren't being handled, but are open. Any help is appreciated

Solution

Ports 80, 443, 21 and 23 will not show as open unless you are...

BuddhaSkoota

Admirable

Ports 80, 443, 21 and 23 will not show as open unless you are running a web server, FTP server or Telnet server.

Suggestions:
- Make sure the service using port 7870 is running (listening) while you are using the online port check tool.
- Make sure that your ISP hasn't changed any conditions of your connection (blocking ports or using carrier NAT).

Solution