Question Unable to Get into BIOS

Jun 8, 2020
Hi,

I'm unable to get into Bios however I'm able to get into Windows. I've tried using del, the motherboard accepts that but takes me to a screen with just a blinking underscore.

Tried to get into boot menu, there the MB takes me to a screen 'Entering Boot Menu...'. In both instances the screen freezes but keyboard is function, I'm able to hit numlock and the keyboard accepts the input.

I've tried updating bios through Live Update 6 but the MB then takes me to a screen saying 'Enter Flash Mode', it proceeds to get stuck there. I'm able to reboot and get into windows after clearing CMOS. I've tried taking out everything but 1 stick of ram (in all 4 slots with both ram sticks individually), cleared CMOS via jumpers by shorting them for 30 seconds. Took out CMOS battery and waited for 30 minutes.

Please help me understand what can be done.

RIG:

Ryzen 5 3500
MSI B450 PRO VDH MAX
Corsair LPX 3000Mhz (not in XMP as I can't get into BIOS) 8GBx2 CMK8GX4M1D3000C16
Corsair VS 550W PSU
MSI R9 270X (from old rig)
SP Nvme SSD
HP 22Fi Monitor via HDMI

Last edited:

Jordanicus

Prominent
Aug 4, 2020
Hi,

I'm unable to get into Bios however I'm able to get into Windows. I've tried using del, the motherboard accepts that but takes me to a screen with just a blinking underscore.

Tried to get into boot menu, there the MB takes me to a screen 'Entering Boot Menu...'. In both instances the screen freezes but keyboard is function, I'm able to hit numlock and the keyboard accepts the input.

I've tried updating bios through Live Update 6 but the MB then takes me to a screen saying 'Enter Flash Mode', it proceeds to get stuck there. I'm able to reboot and get into windows after clearing CMOS. I've tried taking out everything but 1 stick of ram (in all 4 slots with both ram sticks individually), cleared CMOS via jumpers by shorting them for 30 seconds. Took out CMOS battery and waited for 30 minutes.

Please help me understand what can be done.

RIG:

Ryzen 5 3500
MSI B450 PRO VDH MAX
Corsair LPX 3000Mhz (not in XMP as I can't get into BIOS) 8GBx2 CMK8GX4M1D3000C16
Corsair VS 550W PSU
MSI R9 270X (from old rig)
SP Nvme SSD
HP 22Fi Monitor via HDMI
Hi! not sure if you still needed help cuz ive having a different problem but this also happened to me. The way I got my pc to work was using my cousin's monitor cuz I guess my bios didnt like the resolution on my monitor lol. Good luck man!

TRENDING THREADS