Question Unable to get second monitor output

Apr 28, 2019
Installed some new PC parts (mobo, cpu, ram, psu) and now I cannot seem to get any type of second display working through my onboard integrated graphics or GPU outputs. Dual display in BIOS is enabled, drivers are updated, tried multiple different monitors/TVs (including a brand new monitor and cables), tried DVI to VGA adapter for the GPU as well as onboard VGA, windows/intel/nvidia display settings appear to be correct. Primary is connected fine through HDMI to my GPU. The second monitor (using VGA cable) shows it's connected and working for GPU and integrated according to windows, but shows "no signal." I have searched and tried many different suggestions but just cannot figure this one out, please help!

Windows 10 x64
i5-9600K
MSI Z370-A PRO
ASUS GTX 970 strix

Last edited:

stephengurnavage

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
Your post makes it a little unclear so just to be sure. BOTH monitors are plugged into the GPU, correct? NOT the motherboard? If you have a GPU plugged in you cannot use the onboard video and I didn't think the 970 had any VGA ports on it.

Apr 28, 2019
The primary monitor is full time HDMI to the GPU. I've tried the second monitor both in the GPU (DVI to VGA) and the motherboard (VGA) with the same "no signal" results. Is there a way to enable use of onboard graphics while also using the GPU outputs?

Last edited: