[SOLVED] Unable to get system to run new 3600MHz RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomek Ruszkiewicz

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2013
Hello

I'll start off by apologizing if something like this has already been posted (which it definitely would have already) but I just couldn't find a helpful solution online.

So, I purchased new RAM, this to be exact https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TB3R9JB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and installed it into my system

Mobo: Asus rog strix b350 f-gaming
CPU : Ryzen 1700
GPU: Asus RX 580oc

Through the use of the docp I tried to get the ram to run at 3600MHz as opposed to the default, however. Upon saving and restarting it begins an automatic repair and bluescreens.

I tried the other profile which runs it at 3200MHz and that works fine.

My BIOS is up to date, and I did check whether the motherboard could even handle 3600MHz and on Asus' website, it says "ROG Strix B350-F Gaming lets you drive memory frequencies to 3200MHz and beyond when overclocked! " which made me think that it's possible, even more so after watching a video someone gets 3600MHz on their Ryzen 5 3600 system.

Here are a few pictures I've taken which may be helpful to the hell of a lot more experienced than me. Here are a few pictures of my BIOS (sorry for the quality :( )

IMG_20200509_140107.jpg

The profile which works

IMG_20200509_140120.jpg

Profile which doesn't work

For both the profiles 3200MHz and 3600MHz they use DRAM voltage 1.2 to 1.350

Again, sorry if this is like a really easy thing or frequently answered question.

Looking forward to some help!
Thanks!

Solution
2 problems,
Hello

I'll start off by apologizing if something like this has already been posted (which it definitely would have already) but I just couldn't find a helpful solution online.

So, I purchased new RAM, this to be exact https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TB3R9JB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and installed it into my system

Through the use of the docp I tried to get the ram to run at 3600MHz as opposed to the default, however. Upon saving and restarting it begins an automatic repair and bluescreens.

My BIOS is up to date, and I did check whether...
Hi Tomek. The reason is quite simple. Your CPU cannot go that high. The Ryzen 1700 max RAM speed is 2666MHz. People can run their RAM at 3200MHz with some tweaking like you did but there is no way that you will bring them at 3600MHz with that CPU.

A Zen+ can achieve 3600MHz with some tweaking. A zen 2 can take the 3600MHz without any tweaking.

Reactions: drivinfast247
2 problems,
Hello

My BIOS is up to date, and I did check whether the motherboard could even handle 3600MHz and on Asus' website, it says "ROG Strix B350-F Gaming lets you drive memory frequencies to 3200MHz and beyond when overclocked! " which made me think that it's possible, even more so after watching a video someone gets 3600MHz on their Ryzen 5 3600 system.

Here are a few pictures I've taken which may be helpful to the hell of a lot more experienced than me. Here are a few pictures of my BIOS (sorry for the quality :( )

IMG_20200509_140107.jpg

The profile which works

IMG_20200509_140120.jpg

Profile which doesn't work

For both the profiles 3200MHz and 3600MHz they use DRAM voltage 1.2 to 1.350

Again, sorry if this is like a really easy thing or frequently answered question.

Looking forward to some help!
Thanks!
2 problems, first series Ryzen and 300 series chipset MB with wrong memory topology, not practical over 3200MHz RAM. They never went together well. Voltage is not problem either, it could be quite higher on both. Keep it at 3200MHz and try lowering latencies, should get good results quite comparable to 3600 and higher latency.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.