Question Unable to hear any audio positioned behind me in games.

Treasure Goblin

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016
I’m unsure when the problem started. I only just played a game where the effect is noticeable today. I have been troubleshooting for hours, and am getting very desperate.

I have Sennheiser Game Ones. They’ve worked fine the entire time I’ve owned them. Suddenly, I realized I can’t hear anything but a SUPER faint echo when there’s supposed to be a sound coming from directly behind my perspective. This issue makes certain games nearly unplayable.

I have configured my “speakers” to be in stereo mode, but they already were. i’ve tried turning on spatial sound. i’ve tried 5.1, obviously this headset isn’t 5.1, but i figured i’d try. I have Realtek drivers, completely reinstalled them, I’ve checked the configuration in ASUS audio manager. Everything is set to stereo.

I’m not joking when I’ve looked through hundreds of google results to find a solution. Every time, the problem was that the person wasn’t using stereo mode.

help?

this does indeed happen in every game. it’s not an issue with a game not being set to “stereo”