Question Unable to increase dedicated vram through bios

Jul 5, 2020
Recently i updated my system to the latest windows 10-2004 and updated the intel graphics driver now i am unable to change the dedicated memory value through regedit.
My bios does not have the advanced option in it to change from bios.

Do
Recently i updated my system to the latest windows 10-2004 and updated the intel graphics driver now i am unable to change the dedicated memory value through regedit.
My bios does not have the advanced option in it to change from bios.

Doing this won't do anything, regedit hack you did does not actually change the dedicated memory, it only lies to Windows that it was changed as a simple display. It's like getting paint and writing "4.0L V8" on your 4 cylinder car to try to make it go faster.

Jul 5, 2020
Do

Doing this won't do anything, regedit hack you did does not actually change the dedicated memory, it only lies to Windows that it was changed as a simple display. It's like getting paint and writing "4.0L V8" on your 4 cylinder car to try to make it go faster.
Yea i know that but seems like thats the only method i am able to play gta 5 on my laptop.
Doing this actually fixed my issue with ram getting used up by gta.

Yea i know that but seems like thats the only method i am able to play gta 5 on my laptop.
Doing this actually fixed my issue with ram getting used up by gta.

I'm surprised this helped you, usually when you fake the amount or video RAM in your card when a game tries to use it the program crashes. Would be a good time to look for a better laptop for gaming and selling yours. You can find some decent prices on systems that can run games like GTA 5 since the Ryzen onboard video chip can hand it, and a lot better than the Intel video.

Jul 5, 2020
I'm surprised this helped you, usually when you fake the amount or video RAM in your card when a game tries to use it the program crashes. Would be a good time to look for a better laptop for gaming and selling yours. You can find some decent prices on systems that can run games like GTA 5 since the Ryzen onboard video chip can hand it, and a lot better than the Intel video.
I feel like faking the dedicated vram limit gta from using up the 4 gigs for shared memory from the ram. I dont know much about it.
I should have gone for the ryzen one when I was buying. Still regret it.