Question Unable to install AMD graphic drivers

Dec 18, 2021
MOBO-B450 tomahawk
GPU-AMD R9 280x / HD 7970
Installed fresh windows multiple times, replaced MOBO and replaced PSU still unable to install graphic driver without crashing into blue screen any trouble shooting tips that can be given will be helpful

Dec 18, 2021
Inserting the gpu in another computer leads to a black screen booting into safe mode and uninstalling the driver does not fix it and I was unable to figure out how to fix that does that mean the card is dead?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on the other system, if using uefi or legacy boot, card might not be compatible with current boot setup leading into Windows but bios should display? If it does the card is working. Spare hdd to test fresh Windows install with legacy boot set in bios.

Dec 18, 2021
Depends on the other system, if using uefi or legacy boot, card might not be compatible with current boot setup leading into Windows but bios should display? If it does the card is working. Spare hdd to test fresh Windows install with legacy boot set in bios.
It managed to install on my old setup but would black screen forcing me to uninstall the driver through safe boot and using MS basic adapter.