Question Unable to install drivers for NVIDIA gpu

Jan 27, 2021
I got a prebuilt PC for christmas with an RTX 3070. I had to send it back once because it turns out the gpu had bent power pins. It was replaced by another 3070, just from a different manufacturer I received it again yesterday only to find out there is another problem with it.
I've got a setup with 2 monitors and I could not get the second monitor to be detected. I noticed in device manager my 3070 had the yellow triangle next to it, but I didn't worry too much about that. I was looking to change my refresh rate when I noticed my display was not being detected properly. Settings was saying it was a 1Hz, 8 bit display and the advanced settings had "<unknown>" for things like chip type and was saying it was a 64Hz monitor (actually, both displays were like this). I thought it may have been a driver issue of course, so using GeForce Experience I updated my drivers. About 2/3s oft he way through my screen started "pulsing" black (it would be on for about 7 seconds, turn off for about 5, and repeat that cycle forever) and Windows kept notifying saying "Force to reinstall graphics driver".
I did some research on it to no avail. I then noticed in device manager, under my 3070 it had the error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)". Again, I looked researched this but couldn't fix it.
Later I tried booting into safe mode to see if it was a driver issue and the first error I received on startup was "This graphics card is not supported" (or something along those lines). I got a similar error with Nvidia control panel when it booted after install drivers, in which the error said something along the lines of "You are not using a display attached to an NVIDIA gpu" even though I am.

I left it there, but I did some more today. I booted into safe mode twice to try DDU. The first time I just did "Clean and restart" but the screen flashing issue persisted and I couldn't even install GeForce experience. I tried again this time enabling the option that disables windows installing its own drivers. I managed to install GeForce experience and try an install the drivers but it still didn't fix it.
The latest thing I found out was from Event Viewer. There is a very common pattern of about 3 information logs, an error, another information log then a warning log. These 5 logs are logged after every time my screen resets. These are the logs:

Code:
Warning: (The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID )
Log: Force to reinstall graphics driver.
Error: The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
Log: Driver Management concluded the process to install driver nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d67c20d727d4578c for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_2484&SUBSYS_146B10DE&REV_A1\4&2AE1B128&0&0019 with the following status: 0x0.
Log: Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_2484&SUBSYS_146B10DE&REV_A1\4&2AE1B128&0&0019 with the following status: 0.
Log: Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service nvlddmkm for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_2484&SUBSYS_146B10DE&REV_A1\4&2AE1B128&0&0019 with the following status: 0.
(I did research these error but again, no fixes)

The main thing I found out today is that I don't ever think the driver install finished. I don't know where but I read something online and I believe Windows is adamant that its own drivers are better, so it is not allowing it to finish installing or something like that.

I'm unsure of what else I can try so if anyone can provide some guidance that would be really appreciated!