Unable to install programs

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

My computer has just started giving me this message when I try to install any
program. ''c/windows.system32/aoutoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable
for running MS-DOS and Microsoft windows applications.''
Could anyone please give me advise on how to rectify.

Thanks

John

Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

How to Troubleshoot 16-Bit Windows Programs in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314495

How to use the Program Compatibility Wizard in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"John" wrote:

| My computer has just started giving me this message when I try to install any
| program. ''c/windows.system32/aoutoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable
| for running MS-DOS and Microsoft windows applications.''
| Could anyone please give me advise on how to rectify.
|
| Thanks
|
| John

Hi John,

This article should cover it.