Unable to install windows 10 on M.2 ssd

Terminator_

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2016
Recently got a SanDisk X400 M.2 2280 128GB SSD for my MSI Z170a Tomahawk, and now wanted to reinstall windows 10 onto it. Made the bootable usb stuff and what not and that all went fine, but when I try to select the m.2 I get the error "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one"
I'm completely lost on what to do now
Cheers

Current Screen : https://imgur.com/a/DsrFJ

New Error :
https://imgur.com/a/Xhn6T

Solution
All you have to do is to make the partition MBR. As the error says, At this moment it is GPT. To do that you simply have to type few cmd commands.

To open the command prompt, hit shift + F10, then...

Type ‘Diskpart’ into cmd window;
Then type ‘list disk’ and make note of the disk numbers shown;
Now type ‘select disk <disknumber>’ Example: select disk 0;
Type ‘clean’ && note that this command will erase EVERYTHING on that disk;
One last thing, type ‘convert mbr’ and you are ready to go. Restart the installation, create your partitions and continue with your windows setup.

Terminator_

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2016
Yup its enabled and the only devices I have in are my bootable USB, mouse and keyboard

Also now getting an error :
"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style"

NB: My BIOS is in UEFI mode

majesticisonfire

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017
All you have to do is to make the partition MBR. As the error says, At this moment it is GPT. To do that you simply have to type few cmd commands.

To open the command prompt, hit shift + F10, then...

Type ‘Diskpart’ into cmd window;
Then type ‘list disk’ and make note of the disk numbers shown;
Now type ‘select disk <disknumber>’ Example: select disk 0;
Type ‘clean’ && note that this command will erase EVERYTHING on that disk;
One last thing, type ‘convert mbr’ and you are ready to go. Restart the installation, create your partitions and continue with your windows setup.

Solution
Sep 13, 2019
Hi I just built a High end system using a new M.2 Gen4 SSD & repeatedly failed to install Win10Pro evenually I pulled all but one of the RAM sticks (it had 4x16Gb when it wouldn't install) & it installed with just one 16Gb in it - I followed a number of threads mentioning the 0x80070570 or 0x80007025D error & this was the distillation of them all that worked - I hope it helps some one in the future
Regards