Question Unable to Install Windows 10 Through USB Flash Drive

Bannable

Reputable
Jun 13, 2017
Hello, I am currently working on a PC build and I have built a couple before but this is the first time having this problem. I am trying to install windows 10 through a USB but whenever I select it under the bios to boot into, it brings me to what looks like a command line, with all an all-black screen and the text line blinking. I have tried the following: Disable CSM Support; Change storage boot option control and other PCI devices from UEFI to default; Confirming the power cable to both the graphics card and CPU is properly installed; Tried reinstalling the media on the USB; Changing which port I have the flash drive plugged into (USB 3.0 and 2.0); Changing the Windows 8/10 Features option from Other OS to Windows 8/10.

It is also important to note that I am installing the media from a Mac and every time I try and format the drive and install the media, it changes it from fat32 to exfat. Also, the USB drive does not show up as UEFI under boot priorities or boot override. I am unable to install the media from a Windows computer and do not have another flash drive. I may be able to get one from another person but it would be fairly difficult and I would like to exhaust all my other options first. Thanks in advance for the help!

Mtop

Upstanding
Nov 21, 2019
I may be wrong but Microsoft download assistant formats the USB to FAT32 for installation, I assume fat32 is what it looks for.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS