[SOLVED] Unable to install Windows 10 via USB

iceson

Reputable
Mar 9, 2019
Hello Tom'sHardware Community,

I've been trying to install my pc with windows 10 with a 8GB Toshiba USB(which i recently bought) through MediaCreationTool20H2 on a new SSD.

When i plugged my new USB flash disk into the computer its name showed up a bunch of weird characters,so i changed to to USB and proceed to format it in fat32 i used the deep format not the quick one.
After format i installed the windows 10 files through the Media Creation Tool and proceeded to setup my bios to install windows 10, after selecting my boot method (uefi usb 2.0), it goes into Asrock logo and just powers off the computer automatically after a few minutes,sometimes it shows a blue screen then power off the computer completely.

I never had any problem installing windows 10 with previous flash disk's (which i always seem to lose when needed) could it be the new flash disk or something else?

I have a ASrock h310m-hdv mobo with latest bios updates and the ssd is a samsung 860 evo 250 gb (also a seagate hdd which has windows 10 OS installed on it)

Tried changing my uefi/legacy settings in bios through some topics i've found on google to no avail.
SSD is recognized and online
tried plugging flash disk in 3.0 and 2.0 port and installed windows iso file from both ports seperately

Thank you for your time
hope you guys can help me out .

Last edited:

iceson

Reputable
Mar 9, 2019
maybe try using another USB stick and see if it makes any difference.

i was hoping to find boot over ride in your bios but i don't see it - https://download.asrock.com/Manual/H310M-HDV.pdf
really wish i could but i used my last penny to get that usb
ill try again next month i guess

changed some settings in bios now i cant enter vios and the screen just say please enter proper boot device

Colif

Win 11 Master
you can unplug PC, make sure its got no power
CLRMOS1 allows you to clear the data in CMOS. To clear CMOS, take out the CMOS battery and short the Clear CMOS Pad.

see page 6, no 15 in manual (no. 15 is its number in a diagram that shows where it is on motherbaord.

to short the cmos pad you can use a screw driver.

clearing cmos will reset bios settings and should put you in bios on startup.

iceson

Reputable
Mar 9, 2019
you can unplug PC, make sure its got no power
CLRMOS1 allows you to clear the data in CMOS. To clear CMOS, take out the CMOS battery and short the Clear CMOS Pad.

see page 6, no 15 in manual (no. 15 is its number in a diagram that shows where it is on motherbaord.

to short the cmos pad you can use a screw driver.

clearing cmos will reset bios settings and should put you in bios on startup.

Hi,

i ended up cloning my hdd to my ssd via some software called aomei backupper, i believe i could do it via samsung magician also but noticed too late.

Thanks for the help though!