[SOLVED] Unable to Install Windows 10

Jan 10, 2021
System specs:

Mobo: MSI Z97 PC MATE

CPU: i7 4790k

Memory: 16gb 1600 G.Skill Ripjaws

Storage: Kingston 128 GB SSD
Western Digital 3TB HDD

I am using the usb installation media to install windows onto my ssd as the boot drive for this system.

After windows downloads and installs all it's files, it must restart the system to initialize. After the restart, I boot to that ssd and am greeted with a black screen containing white text reading "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

I'm quite positive I have my bios boot priorities setup correctly as the ssd does show up among them, and I know the windows files have been written onto the ssd as I can see there is used space.

What in the heck is going wrong???

Solution
I cant see anything more specific than Kingston HyperX on the unit itself, I bought it a number of years ago.

In BIOS it shows up as "Kingston SH103S3120G"

It is not the only drive connected, the HDD is as well, but I was trying to install windows on the HDD yesterday while it WAS the only drive connected and was having the same issue, this makes me doubt that is the problem. I brought in the SSD in hopes to rectify the problem, alas here we are.
OK....

Where dod your WIN 10 install media come from?
Is it USB, DVD?

Consider making a whole new USB to install from.
And have only ONE drive connected.

Jan 10, 2021
System specs:

Mobo: MSI Z97 PC MATE

CPU: i7 4790k

Memory: 16gb 1600 G.Skill Ripjaws

Storage: Kingston 128 GB SSD
Western Digital 3TB HDD

I am using the usb installation media to install windows onto my ssd as the boot drive for this system.

After windows downloads and installs all it's files, it must restart the system to initialize. After the restart, I boot to that ssd and am greeted with a black screen containing white text reading "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

I'm quite positive I have my bios boot priorities setup correctly as the ssd does show up among them, and I know the windows files have been written onto the ssd as I can see there is used space.

What in the heck is going wrong???

Jan 10, 2021
I cant see anything more specific than Kingston HyperX on the unit itself, I bought it a number of years ago.

It is not the only drive connected, the HDD is as well, but I was trying to install windows on the HDD yesterday while it WAS the only drive connected and was having the same issue, this makes me doubt that is the problem. I brought in the SSD in hopes to rectify the problem, alas here we are.

USAFRet

Titan

OK....

Where dod your WIN 10 install media come from?
Is it USB, DVD?

Consider making a whole new USB to install from.
And have only ONE drive connected.

Solution