unable to install windows 7 as 2nd OS in dual boot

Eashwar Gadanchi

Reputable
Oct 30, 2014
hi,
i have a lenovo s580p laptop which came with pre installed windows8.1. Few days back i made a 30gb partition and installed windows7 directly from folder just like regular software installation. I had two OS ,1.windows8.1 and 2.windows7 64bit
.I Was able to use both win7 and 8 ..both were smooth.
after few days the 30gb was full,so i decided to extend the partition of windows7 . i logged into windows8 and made that windows7 partition 60gb,when i restarted ,i was unable to access windows7 .It kept saying error 0x000c______ something like this

i logged into windows8 and deleted that partition contents,so now i have a 60gb partition.
i tried installing windows7 again directly in the 60gb partition but after sometime it says "setup cant continue pls restart the systerm"
i tried installing using usb disk ,but it says"all disks are in GPT format" u cant install in GPT drive ...

my problem is ,if i did nstall windows7 earlier , y cant i install the same windows now.
i dont want to format my entire harddisk.
someone please suggest a easy installation with iso file itself ,i hope someone helps me out

Eashwar Gadanchi

Reputable
Oct 30, 2014

yes i did format, after that when i choose the drive for installing ..
it says selected drive is in gpt format .u cant install in this