[SOLVED] Unable to install Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2020
My power supply died and I've gotten a new one, windows wasn't working so I tried doing a fresh install using a usb. When setting up I'm unable to select a storage device to install windows to.

Last edited:
Solution
Remove the SSDs + HDD and then try booting.

If it still is not solving the issue then Unplug the HDMI/DP cable from GPU and connect it directly to Motherboard output and try.

If that doesn't work as well then Remove the GPU. There you will find Button Cell remove it. Remove it for a Min and then plug it back in. This will Clear CMOS.
Nov 9, 2020
My power supply died and I've replaced it with a new one, now this is all that's displayed: "Reboot and select proper boot device".

I can't access my bios either. Help!!!!

If it still is not solving the issue then Unplug the HDMI/DP cable from GPU and connect it directly to Motherboard output and try.

If that doesn't work as well then Remove the GPU. There you will find Button Cell remove it. Remove it for a Min and then plug it back in. This will Clear CMOS.

Solution
Nov 9, 2020

Thanks for the help! I ended up unplugging all the storage devices and plugged in a blank one from an old laptop, did a fresh install of windows then once it was all updated I plugged in each device one at a time and wiped them. Now everything works and I'm downloading steam and my games :)

Status
Not open for further replies.