Unable to join Game

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

"Tony" <iloatheidiots@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:25f4301c4628d$34e15570$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| What could be casuing that and how do I fix it?

Sounds like there's a firewall in your home router or broadband modem:

Call the tech support for that unit, and ask them to either setup a "DMZ"
(De-Militarized Zone which means the firewall is disabled) to bypass the
built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the equipment with you.

Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone
and DX Games: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
(See your router's manual or that website for self help instructions)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Are you a newsgroup member? If you are my problem is when i
host games I am the only one who gets to the place where
you pick youre team and color and if i wait hours they
still wont get there please help. My zone name is
adam_flores2 I play age of kings. And i configured my
router. I have windows xp. And The router I have is Linksys

terry

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

I already told you I am not using any router

Shell / User
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

>Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=FH;[LN];gms
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
>MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=sz;en-us;top
>My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
confer any rights.

>.

terry

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

How can I open the ports?

_

>>.
>>
>.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi Terry,

As I told you already : Call the tech support for that unit

Cheers,
Jimmy.