Unable to load windows 7 - not solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharath_83

Distinguished
After using Spyhunter, scanned and fixed the issues, i restarted my computer, which has Windows 7, but now it is not loading. It goes into command mode and asking me these options to carry forward, am unable to figure out how:
Below are the screens, i see: (I have the screens snapped unable to upload here)
1) Options if your HDD is larger than 1TB (3 points below this) - Press any key
2) How to boot back into windows (boot from windows dvd, select command promt, enter bootsect, reboot) - press any key
3) grub > - Am stuck here and unable to do anything.

I badly need my windows to work, am not in a a position to format C drive, as i need to use this PC on an urgent basis. Please can anyone help me on this above issue, as to what can be done??

G

Why did you use spy hunter? You should of used malware bytes. If you have the windows 7 disk you could boot from that and repair it or reinstall windows without formatting the disk. I've had issues with windows not booting, they are mostly my fault. I choose the reinstall windows because it works and is easy(at least for me)

sharath_83

Distinguished

I did use malwarebytes, but spyhunt detected a virus, probably a trojan which was a browser hijack file....how will i know that using spyhunter will case issue to my windows 7....anyway, i currently don't have the windows 7 disk which i installed. And i didn't understand how i can reinstall windows without formatting the disk? What about the files i have in C drive, will it be still there?

sharath_83

Distinguished
MERGED QUESTION
Question from sharath_83 : "Unable to load windows 7"

After using Spyhunter, scanned and fixed the issues, i restarted my computer, which has Windows 7, but now it is not loading. It goes into command mode and asking me these options to carry forward, am unable to figure out how:
Below are the screens, i see: (I have the screens snapped unable to upload here)
1) Options if your HDD is larger than 1TB (3 points below this) - Press any key
2) How to boot back into windows (boot from windows dvd, select command promt, enter bootsect, reboot) - press any key
3) grub > - Am stuck here and unable to do anything.

I badly need my windows to work, am not in a a position to format C drive, as i need to use this PC on an urgent basis. Please can anyone help me on this above issue, as to what can be done??

G

When you install windows pick custom then pick the hard drive with windows installed on it, then it will say "your old windows installation (with all of your files) will be put in a file called windows.old. It will be in the c drive root.

sharath_83

Distinguished

Okay, what happens to the previously installed softwares and other files?

Status
Not open for further replies.