Unable to Locate Component GDI32.Dll not found

After running windows update i recieve the following message when booting my
machine:

"STOP: c0000135 {Unable To Locate Component}
This application has failed to start because GDI32.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I am running XP Home. I can't boot normal or to safe mode. Any suggestions?
Yes, I searched first :)

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

You may have to try a "Roll Back Driver" on the display device.

--
Mark L. Ferguson