Question Unable to make memory run at full 3200mhz because no XMP option on Lenovo Motherboard

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 24, 2023
Hi, I've recently purchased a Lenovo Prebuilt PC (Lenovo T5) It comes with DDR4-3200 Kingston 16GB memory, but for some reason the memory is limited at a speed of 1600MHz, which is affecting performance in certain games, I'm trying to get the memory to run at it's full potential, but I can't seem to get it to work. I went to the BIOS and noticed that there is no XMP option to make my memory run at a faster speed.
Do I genuinely have to buy a new motherboard and RAM to make my memory work well?

Feb 24, 2023
Anything that isn't part of Windows that you don't use, basically. This is the company quite well known for putting literal adware on their systems.
Okay, dumb question maybe, how am I supposed to control the dolby sound drivers and the fan speed/performance if not via their software, is there other software that does the same job?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can get sound drivers direct from the company that made the sound chip. Likely a Realtek product maybe C-Media.

There are tools out there for controlling fan speeds, but they might not work with Lenovo. Couldn't really say.

Feb 24, 2023
You can get sound drivers direct from the company that made the sound chip. Likely a Realtek product maybe C-Media.

There are tools out there for controlling fan speeds, but they might not work with Lenovo. Couldn't really say.

I've talked to my brother in-law about this issue and he just told me, especially with Pre-built pc's and laptops to run a clean install of windows, so I might just wipe the disk and reinstall everything

Feb 24, 2023
samsung pm981, this thing can throttle a bit without heatsink, google pictures shows your lenovo ssd without heatsink, you might want to add m2 heatsink on it

for provisioning use this tool
https://download.semiconductor.sams...ung_Magician_installer_Official_7.2.1.980.zip
once you open it, on left side click on over provisioning and then set OP
I'll monitor drive temps and throttling, this is what magician shows me on the OP menu though.