Unable to open files on USB flash drive

Mar 28, 2018
Long story short I recently purchased a moving trailer that had junk inside of it, of which were a couple of old laptops, and inside one was a an SD card. I plugged it and all the files would not open and instead labels them as applications with 124 kb's but have the file icon. I just click on them but nothing happens. The SD card is 16 GB with 6.5 GB free, so there is obviously data on it. I would just throw it away but today I plugged in a USB flash drive that I use regularly, was working properly before I plugged in SD card, and it did the same thing. It won’t let me open my files and the same files that were on the SD card now showed up on this USB flash drive. I reformatted the USB, since I already had all the data saved on my computer, then reinserted it the USB flash drive and those same files from the SD card showed up again. I’m afraid to insert any other of my USB flash drives due to this, especially since these aforementioned files are named in an adult nature . Help!
The pic below is of my now reformatted USB flash drive and these are the same files that show up on the SD card.
403301d1522252245-unable-open-files-usb-flash-drive-capture.jpg

Latest posts