Unable to overclock my GT 710 over 190mhz

Feb 21, 2018
I am new to this overclocking so decided to overclock my old GT 710 by watching YouTube tutorials. So the people I have seen people clocking it 300+Mhz while I'm unable to clock it even at 190mhz using the same gpu.
Please help..

Solution
Every GPU is different. This is called the "silicon lottery".

In addition, the cooling solution and the stability of the power supply affect things as well.

In addition, every model has a different base clock and the way the dynamic clock (GPU BOOST) works means 300MHz overclock on two different model GT710's can give different results.

Also, depending on the VRAM overclocking the GPU might not make much difference.
Every GPU is different. This is called the "silicon lottery".

In addition, the cooling solution and the stability of the power supply affect things as well.

In addition, every model has a different base clock and the way the dynamic clock (GPU BOOST) works means 300MHz overclock on two different model GT710's can give different results.

Also, depending on the VRAM overclocking the GPU might not make much difference.

Solution

InvalidError

Titan
"Same GPU" as in exact same card brand and model? The "silicon lottery" (natural variations in the chip manufacturing process) is the single biggest factor. VRM and board layout along with PSU stability can make a significant difference in achievable stable overclocks too.

Other:
There's no point unless you are doing this for video games. Prices of graphics cards are messed up, but just for reference a GTX1080 is roughly 20X as powerful.

(assuming sustained 2000MHz vs 1500MHz, multiplied by the 13.3X core difference)

So while a GT710 can do some lower-end games you'd probably be better off simply tweaking the game settings of those or buying a better card. Even a GTX1050Ti is roughly 5X as powerful based on 4x 2000/1500.