Unable to play games in windows after switching GPU

bluckshot

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
Hello,

recently built a new system. Had issues with the GPU they sent me and had to RMA it. Since I have a computer laying around with a Radeon HD 5850 I figure I'd use this while I'm waiting for the replacement GPU to arrive, however, after installing the HD 5850 none of my games work and windows won't recognize my card.

I've uninstalled all Nvidia drivers/physX, basically everything that had anything to do with the RMA'd card. I've installed new drivers from AMD for the HD and still nothing.

I understand that formatting, reinstalling windows will probably solve it but I'd prefer not going that route.

bluckshot

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
I've ran CCleaner, had some registry entries deleted, and that's about it. My previous GPU was a GTX 770 SC.

Instead of listing my current GPU in control panel>system it lists desktop performance for windows aero, however aero doesn't work properly either.

bluckshot

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
CX750M, it makes some noise however I followed a guide for deleting remaining registry from nvidia drivers. Can play the games but windows still doesn't recognize the card.