[SOLVED] Unable to play games on my Laptop and the games crash.

dakshak1997

Reputable
Mar 14, 2016
I have a HP An003-TX Star Wars Edition Laptop with Intel i5-6200U and nVidia 940M GPU.
I used to play games on this like Battlefield Series, Call of Duty, Watch Dogs, FIFA, etc.
Although I used to run on Medium or Low graphics they were running just fine. But now whenever I try to play games, the games crash.
Even when the game is running I can't sense the CPU fans revving like they used to. I wonder if it's my exhaust fans that's not working.
Here's the Benchmark for my config :
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/32738282

How to resolve the issue?

Solution
Can you check and see which BIOS version you're currently on? Use CPU-Z or the laptop's BIOS screen to show you what BIOS version you're currently on. You might also want to check and see which version of Windows 10 you're on.

Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site. Install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you check and see which BIOS version you're currently on? Use CPU-Z or the laptop's BIOS screen to show you what BIOS version you're currently on. You might also want to check and see which version of Windows 10 you're on.

Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site. Install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS