Question Unable to play games

Nov 15, 2019
Built my friend a gaming pc from some
Old parts I had just upgraded from. I7 3770k, mobo, ram, and a 970 I had kept in a box for close to a year. We ordered him a Corsair 650 psu and some Chinese [redacted] case to put it all in.

At my house everything ran fine, was getting great frames in games albeit his system appeared slow and sluggish.

He gets home and is now reporting that whenever he starts a game that within 5 minutes it goes to black screen and he’s forced to reboot. Had him run msi afterburner to check temps on his gpu and he’s only going to 42C while gaming.

Could the ram be going bad? Would that cause a shutdown?

Watch your language
This is a family friendly site
Lutfij

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

We're going to need the model for the PSU, not just the brand and the wattage. Also, did you try and work with the system breadboarded? Latest BIOS update for your motherboard? What version of Windows 10 are you on?

Nov 15, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

We're going to need the model for the PSU, not just the brand and the wattage. Also, did you try and work with the system breadboarded? Latest BIOS update for your motherboard? What version of Windows 10 are you on?

My bad, I couldn’t tell you the motherboard it’s a pretty old intel one but I was using up until last week when I updated to ryzen.

It is the most up to date Windows 10 I made sure that was all good BUT I didn’t do a clean install of windows since with windows 10 it’s doing so well to detect drivers and didn’t need to be done for my system.

Psu: Corsair cx650
Gpu: gtx 970
Ram: pretty old I don’t remember
Mobo: pretty old I don’t remember
Hdd: same hard drive as his prebuilt system
Chassis: Sama z-3