Question Unable to port forward

Changedman223

Commendable
Jun 23, 2020
Okay so, i am unable to port forward on tc-7210dms for some reason, it is some kind of router i got from isp, i wanted to port forward 16000(for gameranger)
but i just can't do it, i do everything correctly, i port forwarded alot earlier on other router and it worked perfectly fine, but on this one it is impossible, i even put dmz host enabled, still nothing. I am using TP-Link usb thingy to catch wifi since i moved from the room where router was (i used direct lan cable for connection on old router) i am not sure if wifi tp link thing doesn't let me port forward, but still it doesnt make any sense to me. If someone has solution for this problem i would be happy if you can help, thank you in advance.

kanewolf

Titan
Okay so, i am unable to port forward on tc-7210dms for some reason, it is some kind of router i got from isp, i wanted to port forward 16000(for gameranger)
but i just can't do it, i do everything correctly, i port forwarded alot earlier on other router and it worked perfectly fine, but on this one it is impossible, i even put dmz host enabled, still nothing. I am using TP-Link usb thingy to catch wifi since i moved from the room where router was (i used direct lan cable for connection on old router) i am not sure if wifi tp link thing doesn't let me port forward, but still it doesnt make any sense to me. If someone has solution for this problem i would be happy if you can help, thank you in advance.
Your model number of "tc-7210dms" doesn't locate any documentation for a router. Without helping us find documentation, we can't help you a whole lot.
One thing you can check is if the IP address on the WAN of the router matches https://whatsmyip.com/ If it does not, then you can't port forward. If the WAN IP address is a 10.x.y.z or 192.168.x.y or 100.x.y.z you won't be able to port forward. If you get your internet service from cellular, you wont' be able to port forward.

You have to have control of a public IP. What you currently are doing is sharing a IP with other users.

There are very few options. If your ISP will give you a pubilc IP then port forwarding will work. Some ISP will do it if you ask, others want a extra monthly charge, and some it is impossible because of way they have designed their system.

The only other option is to change ISP which tends to not really be a option for most people. If you are will to spend money there are some VPN services that will give/sell you a dedicated public IP. In most cases when you are talking about hosting game servers it is cheaper to just rent a server image from on of the many hosting companies. They generally either have a dedicated IP or they have a system to make it appear that way.