Question Unable To Reach BIOS When Connected to Standalone GPU

Aug 26, 2020
I built a computer about a month ago and had no issue getting to the BIOS. Although, I found that the MOBO had issues after a few weeks and decided to purchase a different one(as well as a new PSU, but that isn't important). Since the new MOBO has been put in, I have been unable to get into BIOS when my GPU is in the computer. My monitors both get no signal until login screen. I know for a fact that the computer enters BIOS still if I spam the key, as the login screen never comes and it is just constant no signal. When I take the GPU out of the computer and connect to the onboard graphics, I can get to BIOS fine and have no problems. When I was in BIOS, I tried turning off fast boot as well as making sure my main GPU is set to be run on start, but still the problem persists. I have also tried turning off the onboard, granted I'm not sure if I did it correctly.

I have updated the BIOS and downloaded all drivers for the computer. I just want to be able to get to BIOS on the computer with my GPU plugged in.

I have an MSI motherboard.

Win Ver: 20H2

MOBO: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon Wifi

RAM: Corsair 32gb

CPU: I7 10700

GPU: MSI GTX 960

ASK THE COMMUNITY