[SOLVED] Unable to read files in USB

Suhsam

Honorable
Sep 13, 2014
I have a 64GB HP USB with around 50GB of data on it. Recently, I have been unable to open any file on the USB whatever the format (xlsx, pptx, png, jpg, etc) as all respective software give the error "unable to recognize the format". However, when i copy new data on the USB and run it , it runs perfectly fine.

I have tried repairing the USB using builtin windows USB repair tool, chkdsk, easeUS data recovery wizard (I get the same error on recovered file with this). Please let me know how I can recover the data.

Solution
You could try and use Recuva to try and recover your data. Mind you, your mileage can and will vary. Ontop of that, have you tried taking the drive to another system to rule out a bad USB port on your system and or an issue with the drivers for your platform?

Lutfij

Titan
You could try and use Recuva to try and recover your data. Mind you, your mileage can and will vary. Ontop of that, have you tried taking the drive to another system to rule out a bad USB port on your system and or an issue with the drivers for your platform?

Solution