unable to recognize the internal hard drive

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
when I cleaned out the dust around the computer chassis , I unplugged the power cable and SATA cable. However, when I plug them back again, and log into the windows. The drive has disappeared from the windows manager.

I have tried a couple of times with different SATA cable and power cable and restart again but the problem is not solved.

Not too long ago I checked the health of the drive it should be fine.

How can I solve this problem??

Solution
Hello brannsiu,

Your HDD is under risk, we suggest you to backup all your data as soon as possible and to replace the hard drive shortly in order to avoid an imminent lost.

Also, remember to always backup your data in order to secure your files.
Does the drive at least appear within the BIOS? IF so, next place to look is admin tools/computer mngmt/storage/disk mngmt

Test your drive in another computer...; certainly, if the drive itself has failed, it won't work elsewhere, but it does seem odd to choose that moment to 'die'...

(Is it a spinning drive? Can you hear it spin up?)

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013

Hi

1.Yes, spinning drive, not SSD.

2. I don't have another computer, really.

3. I can't get to the BIOS, this is another big problem I didn't mention. It doesn't detect the keyboard as it starts up......

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013

I tried your method. I took it out and put it into an external case. It took quite a while before I can get access to the files of the disks. I was worried, I was worried that only
the filenames could be seen , but not execute. However, they execute.

I've checked with WD tool. S.M.A.R.T. pass

but with crystaldiskinfo. There is error, screenshot as follows,

vJfcO8b.png

vVEetlg.png

*** I just tried to run the "extended diagnostic" with WD software and it got stuck at a certain value of sector, while the estimated finish time kept rising to 100 hours, I wasn't able to cancel the test, only forced to close....

I think the HDD must be having some problems...

Hello brannsiu,

Your HDD is under risk, we suggest you to backup all your data as soon as possible and to replace the hard drive shortly in order to avoid an imminent lost.

Also, remember to always backup your data in order to secure your files.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS