Unable to reserve copy - tried nearly everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruiz Risner

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
Windows 8.1 (factory installed by ibuypower)
i7 4790
16 GB ram
2TB HDD
GTX 750
updates:automatic enabled
up to date: all important and all optional installed (including the ones required for GWX app)

I've attempted pretty much everything. The GWX app is in system32/GWX/ but manually running it does nothing (literally nothing happens). I've uninstalled and reinstalled the specific updates that have to do with GWX. I've tried the registry method and it checks out fine. Ive turned on all notifications in the notification tray. I've ran all the provided batch files located on microsoft forums. The one that checks for compatibility even says SUCCESS and that my system is compatible. I've done multiple restarts and have been at this for hours. I cant find any more solutions. Nothing seems to work. Anyone know any other methods?

Solution

gbb0330

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015

you can still upgrade to win 10 for free when it comes out. all the app does is gauge interest in windows 10 and automatically downloads the upgrade files.

its going to take you less time to manually download the windows 10 installer then to fix the app. just chill for a few more days and manually download the upgrade when it comes out.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.