[SOLVED] Unable to run RAM at 3600MHz

Dec 20, 2021
Hi all,

I am trying to run my RAM at 3600MHz however I can only get up to 3333MHz. Anything higher will result in boot failure. Initially, I tried enabling XMP profile in Bios which will set the RAM at 3600MHz 18-22-22-42 1.35V, but this resulted in boot failure. So I manually tested and configured the speed with XMP profile enabled, so now it runs at 3333MHz and 18-22-22-42 1.35V.

Looking for any advice as to how I can run the RAM as per its spec at 3600MHz. Is it due to a bad MOBO or RAM sticks? Also, looking at the DRAM voltage from HWiNFO, it shows only 1.344v, not sure if this is a concern since it is not running at 1.35v.

Thank you!

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 11400f
MOBO: Gigabyte Z590 UD AC
Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE® RGB RS 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz C18 Memory Kit (CMG16GX4M2D3600C18)
Graphics: Gigabye gaming OC pro 3060 Ti
Storage: 1TB Crucial P5

Solution
looking at Corsair ram compatibility list for your mainboards/CPU combo, that ram product isn't listed there, gigabyte QVL ram list also doesn't mention your ram modules

you could return those sticks and replace them with compatible ones or manualy overclock them, there are many guides on how to OC ram on Intel, so it shouldnt be that hard
looking at Corsair ram compatibility list for your mainboards/CPU combo, that ram product isn't listed there, gigabyte QVL ram list also doesn't mention your ram modules

you could return those sticks and replace them with compatible ones or manualy overclock them, there are many guides on how to OC ram on Intel, so it shouldnt be that hard

Solution

TRENDING THREADS