unable to save display settings

Apr 29, 2018
i am running win 7 , have a duel monitor graphics card , i am trying to use a usb 3.0 card with a usb 3.0 to vga adaptor but i cant save the settings, please help

Solution
Your post is a bit confusing, you have a video card in the computer with dual outputs? And you are trying to use it along with a USB 3 video adapter also?

Need some better details about what you have, the steps you are trying to do, and exactly what is happening.
Your post is a bit confusing, you have a video card in the computer with dual outputs? And you are trying to use it along with a USB 3 video adapter also?

Need some better details about what you have, the steps you are trying to do, and exactly what is happening.

Solution
Apr 29, 2018

I have a dell xps 7100 computer with quad core processor and 16 gig of ram , also a NVidia gtx 460 duel monitor card , I am currently running 2 monitors with the card and want to add a 3rd monitor using usb 3.0 expansion card and a usb 3.0 to vga adaptor. I can see that the card and adaptor are seen by the computer but when I try to save the third monitor on usb it says unable to save display settings

So in Device Manager, you should have two display adapters, the nVidia card and the USB video card, both there and with the correct drivers? Then in Display Manager you should have two video cards listed also, both there? Are you trying to duplicate or extend the displays?

This is an older post but most things there are good to try such as how you are working with the screens and resolution differences https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/a30a3bfd-c163-40f8-98ac-c85b7441797b/unable-to-save-display-settings-and-multiple-monitors?forum=w7itproperf

Apr 29, 2018

under display adapters I only see the NVidia card , yes I am trying to extend displays

So the USB video card is not in device manager but you can see the display attached to it? You installed the drivers for that and it worked OK? Can you post a screenshot of your Display Panel setting?

Apr 29, 2018

I am not sure how to do that , but it is not a usb video card just a usb 3.0 expansion card with a hde usb 3.0 to vga adapter

What exactly do you have, brand and models? There no "adapters" for USB to VGA, they should all be some sort of external video card.

This is a video card connects with USB

61gq2pKDBWL._SY355_.jpg