unable to see other computers on the network

other comps on the network:
1 wireless win 10
1 wireless win 7
2 wired win 7

every other computer is able to see all computers on the network

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019
Could be your Wired and Wireless networks on your router are segregated. I've seen some routers wired and wireless are segregated by default. Can you ping the IP address of the Printer?

user2314

Commendable
Apr 15, 2019
there is another wireless computer which is able to see this wireless computer (printer attached) on the network

so I don't think this router thing is the issue

i dont know how to ping the ip address of the printer
its not a wireless printer

Depends what you mean "see". Can you ping the ip address of the machines. If you are trying to mount drives does it work if you use the IP address to link the drive.

If you can actually ping the devices then the problem is not really a communication issue it must be related to microsoft share settings.

user2314

Commendable
Apr 15, 2019
i am able to ping other computers on the network

went in the router settings and saw the ip addresses of the attached devices and then pinged them in the command prompt

but all sharing settings also seem to be fine

When people say "can't see" they typically mean CAN'T BROWSE, not listed on Explorer's window.

This is oftenly caused by more than one router (NAT device) on NAT and/or piece-meal DNS settings. The standard DNS configuration is to have all clients DNS --> pointing at the NAT device, then have the NAT device owns the DNS servers entries.

To discount whether is local software/driver problem with this one PC, temporarily swap another client with this PC (physically) if this PC on ethernet.

Please don't confuse private/public network. This has all to do with your INSIDE (private) and nothing to do with the OUTSIDE (public), unless you have a public (anyone can) access, no password WIFI.

user2314

Commendable
Apr 15, 2019
this pc is wirelessly connected to the router
tried connecting the ethernet cable and still doesnt detect the other computers on the network

the same ethernet cable is connected to another pc which is able to detect all computers on the networrk

seems to be some issue with my pc which i need a solution for

thanks

Last edited: