[SOLVED] Unable to Select 1440p Resolution

YubNub

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
I recently bought an XFX RX 5700 XT Triple Dissipation graphics card to replace my GTX 1070. The 1070 had a DVI input that I used to hook up my 1440p monitor. The new card only had displayport slots so I got a DVI to DP adapter. The issue now is that I cannot select 1440p resolution. I suspect this has something to do with the cables but I do not know what. Could the adapter be messing things up? I had thought both DVI and DP could support 1440p. Thanks!

Solution
Are you able to set 1440p if lower Hz to 30? If Windows/Adrenaline doesn't give you the option then you could try custom resolution utility.

Reason being is DP to DVI passive adapters are limited to 1440p 30Hz. True active dual link DP to DVI adapters are no show im afraid.

Running 1080p with virtual super resolution (similar to Nvidia's DSR) could be an option for now whilst save for a new monitor?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Are you able to set 1440p if lower Hz to 30? If Windows/Adrenaline doesn't give you the option then you could try custom resolution utility.

Reason being is DP to DVI passive adapters are limited to 1440p 30Hz. True active dual link DP to DVI adapters are no show im afraid.

Running 1080p with virtual super resolution (similar to Nvidia's DSR) could be an option for now whilst save for a new monitor?

Solution