Question Unable to set to max resolution

vishnumrao

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
I have an AMD system with an A8-3870 with a AMD Radeon HD 7500 series graphics card.

Model:HD 7570
Device Id:1002 675D

I had been using a Samsung T240HD monitor for a long time, but I recently got a Acer H277HU kmipuz monitor.

Though the monitor itself has a displayport & USB-C inputs, I am connecting via HDMI since my graphics card only has HDMI & DVI outputs.

My Windows 11 system is only able to set to to a 1920x1080, 60 Hz resolution. Somewhere on the web I read that my graphics card can support the max resolution of this monitor of 2560x1440. Anything I can do to get windows to set to max resolution?

I have an AMD system with an A8-3870 with a AMD Radeon HD 7500 series graphics card.

Model:HD 7570
Device Id:1002 675D

I had been using a Samsung T240HD monitor for a long time, but I recently got a Acer H277HU kmipuz monitor.

Though the monitor itself has a displayport & USB-C inputs, I am connecting via HDMI since my graphics card only has HDMI & DVI outputs.

My Windows 11 system is only able to set to to a 1920x1080, 60 Hz resolution. Somewhere on the web I read that my graphics card can support the max resolution of this monitor of 2560x1440. Anything I can do to get windows to set to max resolution?
Windows 11 is auto registering the monitors resolution the monitor will act and look funky set to the improper resolution it's not that the graphics card can't handle the setting the monitor can't so that's why windows is auto setting to where it is

Reactions: CompuGuy71
Some information online suggests that the HD 7570 might only support that higher resolution over a Dual-Link DVI or DisplayPort connection, while HDMI may be limited to 1080p on that card. It sounds like your model might only be able to output that resolution over a Dual-Link DVI cable.

Theoretically, it could be possible to convert a Dual-link DVI signal to something like DisplayPort or HDMI on the monitor's end using a powered active adapter. However, I couldn't locate a relevant product via a quick search on Amazon. Most devices of that sort appear to be designed to either convert the signal in the other direction, for using a DisplayPort device with a Dual-Link DVI monitor, or they only support a 1080p signal. Someone else might know of a relevant active adapter that would work, though another option might be to replace the video card with something a little newer that supports 1440p over HDMI or DisplayPort.

Actually, what are the rest of the specs of this system? Does it happen to support DP or HDMI at higher resolutions via integrated graphics from a connection on the motherboard?

Reactions: CompuGuy71

vishnumrao

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
Windows 11 is auto registering the monitors resolution the monitor will act and look funky set to the improper resolution it's not that the graphics card can't handle the setting the monitor can't so that's why windows is auto setting to where it is

I have tried all settings in windows 11 and in the Catalyst control center. Unfortunately no luck.

vishnumrao

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
Some information online suggests that the HD 7570 might only support that higher resolution over a Dual-Link DVI or DisplayPort connection, while HDMI may be limited to 1080p on that card. It sounds like your model might only be able to output that resolution over a Dual-Link DVI cable.

Theoretically, it could be possible to convert a Dual-link DVI signal to something like DisplayPort or HDMI on the monitor's end using a powered active adapter. However, I couldn't locate a relevant product via a quick search on Amazon. Most devices of that sort appear to be designed to either convert the signal in the other direction, for using a DisplayPort device with a Dual-Link DVI monitor, or they only support a 1080p signal. Someone else might know of a relevant active adapter that would work, though another option might be to replace the video card with something a little newer that supports 1440p over HDMI or DisplayPort.

Actually, what are the rest of the specs of this system? Does it happen to support DP or HDMI at higher resolutions via integrated graphics from a connection on the motherboard?

Other specs:

Asrock A75m-itx motherboard
AMD A8-3870 CPU
8 GB DDR3 1866 DRAM
Dell HD 7570 graphics card (outputs are HDMI & DVI)
2xSSD in RAID0 for Windows 11 (fully updated)
2xSSD in RAID0 for Ubuntu 20.04
Antec 380W PSU

I used the same HDMI cable to connnect to my work laptop running Windows 10 Pro. It was able to set the max resolution with no configuring required. So I don't think I need to use DVI to be able to use max resolution of 2560x1440.

To your point, its certainly possible that the graphics card is capable of only outputting this high resolution via dual link DVI. Unfortunately, this monitor does not have DVI input. The adapter option is definitely worth considering.